What is a hunger buster “FAT BOMB?”
If you or anyone you know has been on the ketogenic diet, it’s very likely you’ve heard of ‘fat bombs.’ Many will say these are one of the best parts of the diet. They are typically made with healthy fats and other healthy ingredients.
Actually, you don’t have to be on a diet to enjoy these healthy hunger busters! Even though they are high in fat, they are healthy fats. And when you add the NatraTech Super Food, the nutrient density is incredible! Eat one and watch your hunger disappear and your energy increase.
Many people use these as low carb in-between meal hunger busters. They are also great following a workout. Kids love them too!
Fudge Hunger Buster
- 1 Cup Almond Butter
- ½ to 1 Cup Coconut Oil (adjust for consistency)
- ½ Cup NatraTech Super Food (Chocolate)
- 1/3 Cup Coconut Flour
- Optional: Add Stevia and/or Monk Fruit to increase sweetness.
- Melt & combine almond butter and coconut oil in pot.
- Add dry ingredients & stir until well mixed.
- Let mixture cool slightly & taste for sweetness. Add more, if desired.
- Pour mixture into bowl, or silicone mold & place in freezer for 3-4 hours.
- After solidified, remove and roll into balls (ping-pong ball size).
- Optional: Press a whole nut, or mix pieces into the balls. Can also roll in shredded coconut, cocoa powder, nuts, etc.
- Place on plate and put in refrigerator or freezer until you are ready to enjoy!
Notes: You can also put mixture in tray and cut into bars after mixture has solidified. Sprinkle coconut, nuts, etc. on top. Some people enjoy adding some instant coffee for a mocha flavor.
Berry Flavor Hunger Buster
- 1 Cup Strawberries, Raspberries, or berry of your choice
- 3/4 Cup cream cheese
- 1/2 Stick Butter
- 1 Tablespoon Swerve Confectioner’s Sugar (or Monk Fruit sweetener)
- 1/2 teaspoon Lemon Extract
- 2 Scoops NatraTech Super Food (Berry flavor)
- Purée the fruit
- Mix in 2 T of sweetener and set aside
- Blend the cream cheese and butter
- Add fruit, NatraTech Super Food powder and lemon extract and mix until fully incorporated
Roll into balls, or put on tray or in silicone mold & freeze